pregnancy

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Catching up!

Wow... I think I am the worst blogger! Ha! I haven't blogged for a couple of months and so many fun things have happened. So... it is time to catch up, if y'all know what I'm saying. Here is a recap. The Fall season, which is now coming to an end since the last time I wrote, has been a short one. Actually, for a while there I thought we were going to skip Fall, (my favorite season of all time), and go directly to winter. Some days in October were a bit sketchy and freezing. It has even snowed a couple of times. Parley says, "you just have to compartimentalize the winter, which makes it easier to bear," I guess! What a character! I don't think any sort of mechanism is going to help this winter be more bearable... YUCK! I probably should start having a better attitude, because the winter might even be longer if I don't.

Let's see... October was full of all sorts of Halloween festivities. I even was able to throw Haloween party, with the help of our friends Patrick and Maria Tedjamulia. It was The First Annual Halloween Spooktacular! Thanks again guys! It was off the hook. So many people came. We had so much fun with all the decorations, games, and food. We even made a couple of Youtube videos, one of which stars the Maple Grove Single (Married) Ladies. You should check it out!



Parley went out of town the last week of October. Okay can you say, NO SLEEP! Yeah I didn't sleep one bit the entire week. It was my first time ever being alone in a new city. I was a little terrified. I made Parley stay on the phone with me the entire night one of those nights. He fell asleep of course and all I could hear was him snoring and breathing... which was not helping me one bit. Let's just say we didn't try that again! I think that was the longest week of my life! Our dear friends the Ayllons took me in and fed me a couple of nights. They are the best family. We have enjoyed so much meeting new friends, and a few in particular have become really close with us, which helps with all of the homesickness I seem to be having still.

Parley and I ventured out to see an apple farm again this year. Although, I think we had more fun last year. The weather which we thought was going to be good, ended up being really cold and overcast. We didn't stay long, it was just enough time to share a huge gingersnap and check out the craft boutique. I totally want to have my own boutique some day! How fun would that be! Halloween night was a blast! We went over to the Ayllon's home againg and watch the Utah vs. Wyoming game with our other friends Cameron, Wendy, and Miley Clark. Cameron and Wendy both went to Wyoming for their undergrad and Cameron actually played football there. We thought it would be so fun to get together and watch the game. Sorry, Cameron Wyoming is no match for the Utah Utes! We killed'um~!


Speaking of Utah Utes. They are 8 and 2! Not as good as last years record, but they are still a great team and we love watching the running Utes play ball. November has been filled with Utah football, which is the way we like it. The game against TCU, well I really have no comment on that one, other than Las Vegas Bowl, maybe? We got creamed! TCU is amazing this year, but it didn't help that one of our great Utah players is injured and that the game was played on TCU's home field either. All I can say is off to the Cougar Stadium to cream BYU. Look out Cougs, we're comin at ya! Parley I don't think has ever missed a BYU vs Utah game...ever! So guess what? We are making the trek back to Utah this weekend to spend the Holidays back home. Yep, we are driving. Well we really don't have another choice in the matter. My car's lease is up and it has to be turned back into the bank in December. We thought it would be better to drive out now rather than wait and drive in December when the weather is a lot worse. Road Trip!! Parley is dreading it, but I said we would have fun. I am going to read New Moon to him, which is the second book of the Twilight Saga! He and I watched the first one together a couple of weeks ago. In the need to be matcho, Parley just won't come out and say he really liked it. He says, "it was okay," with a huge grin on his face, and We All know and love that grin. Ha! I can't wait to see the New Moon movie with my sister. She is actually going to the mid night showing tonight, but she said she will definitely see it again with me when I get into town. Jacob is a Hunk-A-Hunk of Burning Love in this one!

What else... Oh I don't think I mentioned that I was deathly sick a couple of weeks ago too! I mean it was awful. I have never been that sick in my entire life. Well, maybe not my entire life, but as far as I can remember. I thought I had the big "SWINE FLU"... ha! But come to find out after waiting an hour and a half at the Urgent Care, I had what is called Viral Pharyngitis... yeah don't ask me what that is. I guess it is kind of like Strepp Throat, but not as severe. I wouldn't bring it up to Par, because it's sort of a sore subject... :)! Anyways, I had a fever of 102.4 for two days, my throat was swollen shut, my body ached like you wouldn't believe, and I couldn't get out of bed. After being sick for almost 5 days straight, I decided that I needed to go to Urgent Care. The doctor, bless his heart, said go home, drink lots of fluids, and get lots of rest. Duh... I could have told myself that! Really! Well I can't wait to see the bill! This will be classic!

Happy days are here again.. I am all better. We are excited to see our families and friends, to watch the big game, and eat lots of Gobble, Gobble! We haven't been back to Utah for four months. I think that is my limit. I can only go so long, ya know! I can't wait to see my nieces and sisters and brother, Mom and Dad, John, Diane, and Sam, and all our friends. I can't wait to get my hair and nails done too. It's going to be a great week. I think this about covers the recap. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Go Utes!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a new blog post, but boo on you guys for leaving this weekend...I could have used you as a Black Friday shopping buddy. :) No really though, I am glad you get to go home and see everyone! And I am glad your fall turned out *pretty* good, despite the fact that Parley left for a week and you were sick. I will miss you, but get ready for lots more hanging out when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, all I can say is the Single ladies dance is HYSTERICAL! I'm so bummed we were out of town for the party, looks like you guys had a blast! If it makes you feel better I don't sleep when Cameron's out of town either, I can never seem to fall asleep and when I do I zone in and out the whole night, makes for a pretty miserable morning! Have fun on your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, alma read the whole twilight saga with me too...and liked it. but wouldn't tell anyone that. love the costumes! if you're driving thru colorado springs, stop and see us! i still want to meet you. have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dancing was so funny and but really good! New backups for Beyonce? We loved having you visit in SLC even though we left you for a few days to go to sunny Phoenix with Britt, Matt and Abby. See you in three weeks!

    ReplyDelete