
Since Football season has arrived... we decided that our home needed a touch of Utah spirit. I can't think of a better way to show our pride in and our love for the Utah Utes, than raising a flag. That is just what we did. Parley has talked about putting a flag up on our house for a couple of months now. Finally on Saturday his wish was granted. He drilled the holes into the stucco and set the Utah flag up right on our front porch. He was so proud... and I was so proud of him that he didn't damage the house... if any of you are familiar with the show Home Improvement... can you say "Tim the Toolman Taylor"! No, in all seriousness, he did a really great job. We sure started a trend too... once our flag was up, all sorts of flags were suddenly put up in our little neighborhood. It was great to see some more Utah spirit. Although we did get a few comments from the opposing team on Sunday. Hey, I don't see any of their banners raised... probably because BYU has only won one game this entire season and their team isn't looking all that great this year. I don't blame the fans. I'd be embarrassed too. Awe the rivalry... you gotta love it! It will be interesting to see if any of the BYU fans in my neighborhood bring out their flags on game days.
We have had a lot of fun going to the games on Saturdays. We just love college football, especially Utah football.. It just wouldn't be Fall without it. This week we have a bye, but the next few weeks our undefeated team will be up for the challenges ahead... Air Force, TCU, Notre Dame, etc. We have some exciting games coming up. I can't wait to be on the edge of my seat! Go Utes!




Ang and Par...you are the model UTE FANS!!! Pregnant and all - you still make it to the games. We are glad to ride up on the elevator with you, since getting to our seats was a "hike!" It has been a blast!
ReplyDelete