pregnancy

Friday, August 7, 2009

The Amazing Toll House Pie!


I was so excited to find this recipe on the internet... It's the Do Do Restaurant's actual recipe! I am going to make it for Sunday dessert. Yummy!

Toll House Pie
from the Dodo in SLC; this recipe makes 2 pies
2 deep dish pie crusts crusts: 2½ c flour 2 t salt 1¼ c crisco ¾ c water flute the edges and make the edges thick Filling: 6 eggs 1½ c sugar 1½ c brown sugar 1½ lb melted butter 2 c flour 2 c pecans or walnuts 2 c chocolate chips
Whip eggs and sugars until thick and pale, non-glossy. Add butter and flour, let cool. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes Top will get hard and glassy-looking. Let sit on counter for 8 hours or in fridge. Serve @ room temperature with real whip cream.

*This actually makes two pies, I'm going to make one of course! Ha!

1 comment: