I'm doing the interview, but I think Angela's on-the-field reporting skills are getting pretty good! And she's even better looking than Erin Andrews! This is a great clip. It's so cute when she tries to describe these things and it's fun to teach her all about sports. This trip was awesome. We saw all the church sites down in Missouri; Independence, Far West, Liberty Jail and Adam-On-Diaman. The day we got down there we saw the Royals play the Angels. The Royals aren't very good, so there were no scalpers out selling tickets...we were in line to buy some and a couple in front of us turned around and gave us some for free. Now, that's clean livin'! ha. Our seats were in the upper level, but we sat instead about 15 rows up on the 3rd baseline and then moved down behind the dugout towards the end of the game. The Angels won in extras. I've been to alot of baseball stadiums but this one was one of the nicest. They've done some really cool renovations and have a huge screen center field that rivals the new Texas stadium's as the biggest in sports. Angela asked me if I had to give up watching either baseball or football games, what would it be...I couldn't answer because Utah football games would be impossible to give up, but I'm in heaven anytime I get to see a professional baseball game. It's one of my favorite things in the world. I've attached a few pictures from the game and the sights that we went to.
Angels/Royals game in Kansas City - beautiful park
This is in Jamesport, the small Amish community between Far West and Adam-on-Diahmen. This was a really cool place. We loved the drive through rural Missouri.
Far West, Missouri on the plot that was dedicated by Joseph Smith for a temple. Some day...
This is the view looking out over Adam-0n-Diahmen
Historic Liberty Jail
This is an exact replica of the jail, on the exact spot (the ground is the original cement). You can't see him very well from this angle, but the guy sitting on the floor is my 4th great grandpa, Caleb Baldwin. It was a very spiritual experience to be here and also really neat to learn more of my ancestor.
Looks confused, huh? This is the other church (besides the RLDS) that broke away when the Saints trekked west. It's on the original land that was bought in 1831 to build the Independence Temple, but then sold to these 2 splinter groups so could join the Saints in Utah. The LDS Church bought some of it back years later. The Community of Christ (RLDS), Church of Christ, and LDS church all have buildings next to each other on this block.




Lol! That video made me happy! You both have some sweet interviewing/reporting skills, I'm thinking you may just have found your second calling in life, Sports reporter couple! : ) seriously great clip though and loved how it showed the gorgeous stadium.
ReplyDelete(Great church history pics too, Taber and I totally need to do that someday!)
You two are so funny and good-lookin'. Loved the sports review. A new career? Thanks for sharing. way to have a normal blog too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like your church history trip was really inspiring, beautiful and informative. I would love to go there someday. Liberty Jail...wow!
Love you.
Mom